Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Crafts

First up: A walnut shell advent wreath, idea stolen from Unikat. I painted mine silver, because that's the only color I had. Gold would have been a much better choice, but I didn't want to buy extra paint. The shells are hot glued on a cardboard circle covered in newspaper. I added tea light candles,and some mini red balls to jazz it up a bit. It was boring without it.
I also made some snowflakes, as Christmas tree decorations. The idea is from Martha Stewart.Yup, Martha Stewart made me buy glitter. My
snowflakes look nothing like hers. Maybe it's because I'm too stingy to use two kinds of glitter. This was completely messy, there was glitter everywhere. Plus, it falls off from the snowflakes - I'm thinking it won't be long before they go totally bald.



Next: Fabric drawstring bags, big enough to fit a pair of socks. I did a terrible job sewing these. I guess I lost my sewing mojo. Not that I ever had all that much mojo to begin with. I stenciled them with silver fabric paint and,wait for it...stamping ink. From a stamp pad. Why buy green fabric paint, when you have a little stamp pad? Because the damn ink bleeds, that's why! Overall, using ink as stencil paint was a stupid idea.



On a more happier note, one that doesn't involve crafty disasters - it's snowing. Not much, but still, snow ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment